Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sleep Deprivation

So I decide to take a little trip to Chicago with my friend to see her daughter. While sleeping, as most women of my advanced age are doing at 1:00 a.m. in the morning, I hear my phone beeping:

1:00 a.m. text from teenage son "Mom"

Me: "what"


Teenage son: "I have something I need to tell you"

Me: " What's going on?" (please note I typed that response while heart was pounding, blood pressure was off the charts, I had lost all color in my face, and I started sweating profusely)


Son: "Its a long story I will tell you when I get home, didn't know you were gone"

Me: What the f*&%k! ( I thought this, I did not text this) . "Are you in trouble?"

Son: "No"


The rest of the story is very boring, as I told him to go home and we would talk things out when I got back.

Now I am up, I have gotten my friend up and I think I had a mini stroke all in a time span of about 15 minutes.


I am sure son came home, went to bed, and slept like a baby. Me on the other hand, was up for much longer, slept very bad, and am sure I aged another 10 years from 1:00 a.m. to 1:15 a.m.

Thanks honey, mommy loves you!












No comments:

Post a Comment